Personal information collected by Little Lives Australia is protected by the Privacy (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2013 (Cth) (Privacy Act). Personal information is any information or an opinion that identifies you and includes sensitive information.
Little Lives Australia follows the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act in handling personal information collected from clients/beneficiaries, business partners, donors, members of the public and Little Lives Australia people (including members, volunteers, delegates, board directors, patrons and candidates for volunteer work).
The primary purpose for collecting personal information from individuals is to provide services to vulnerable people, including planning, funding, monitoring and evaluating our services. The kind of information we collect will depend on your relationship with Little Lives Australia (e.g. as a client, donor/sponsor, business partner, volunteer or member, or online user of the Little Lives Australia website). A collection notice will be given to you setting out these uses at or close to the time we collect any information.
Your personal information may be used to:
- report to government or other funding bodies how funding is used,
- process your donation or purchase and provide receipts,
- communicate with you about how your donation is used or about Little Lives Australia services, causes, events, products and services, which we believe may be of interest to you,
- respond to your feedback or complaints, and
- answer your queries.
It may also be used for:
- any other specific purpose for which it was requested and which was advised to you in the collection notice, and
- directly related purposes.
Wherever possible, Little Lives Australia uses information in a de-identified form. Personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent, except where permitted or required under the Privacy Act.
If you have any enquiries in relation to privacy or personal information please contact:
- Little Lives Australia Inc.
P.O. Box 8091
Woolloongabba QLD 4102
For more information about the Australian Privacy Principles please visit the website www.oaic.gov.au.
- What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register as a member, sponsor, volunteer, or register for an event. You may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card or Paypal information and personal details.
- What do we use your information for?
- Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To process transactions
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of the service requested.
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for event registration, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to Little Lives Australia news, updates, related event information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do we protect your information?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
- Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- Third party links
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include information on our website provided by a third party.
Little Lives Australia considers this information will be of interest to the membership. Little Lives Australia does not support or endorse the views expressed by the individual website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- Your Consent
This policy was last modified on 9th April 2016
- Contacting Us
Little Lives Australia Inc.
P.O. Box 8091
Woolloongabba QLD 4102